Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Last Last Day

In September, I wrote a post about my last first day.

Today is my last last day. Of high school. Obviously I still have schooling left to do in my life, but at 2:30pm today I will no longer be a high school student.

In October I made a list of goals I wanted to accomplish, and I did accomplish a good lot of them. Including such tasks as learning to knit (mostly) and meeting Amber Benson (which was originally put on there as a 'oh wouldn't that be lovely. there's no way it will happen.' sort of thing.) I got into my dream college.

I went to two theater performances (and if theater wasn't so much money, there's a third I would have loved to go to.)

I started (and ADORE) How I Met Your Mother. I read well over thirty books, and I read a good number of classics or near-classics.

And I did so much beyond the list. I worked in my school's library. I got to do an English project on Sylvia Plath. I went to Senior Prom with one of my best friends.

I've listened to really bad (though catchy) Top 40 songs. Willingly. And I've enjoyed some of them.

I'm learning to drive. But that's another story.

I'm now eighteen. Which is weird.

I've voted!

And of course, I've done even more than that.

This year has been stressful, but it has also been wonderful, all in all.

And I can't wait for college.

No comments:

Post a Comment